There are yoga classes nearly every day of the week in Uckfield at a variety of venues across town.
They are run by Grace Annand who started teaching here ten years ago. Eventually she took on a studio at Bird in Eye Hill until leaving to spend some time in her native Australia.
Grace returned to Uckfield a year ago and is pleased to welcome all ages and abilities to her classes which are suitable for men and women.
She is pictured, below, fourth from the left at the front, with some members of her Saturday class. Click on the photograph to enlarge it.
“Yoga helps your body to be healthy, your mind to be calm, and it nourishes your soul,” she said. “We practise using the body and breath to still the mind.”
If you would like to join a yoga class the following are run by Grace each week:
- Monday, at Holy Cross Primary School, 6-7pm
- Tuesday, Ridgewood Village Hall, 9.30-10.30am
- Wednesday, Lucas Hall, Waldron, 9.30 and 11am
- Wednesday, Harlands Primary School, 7-8pm
- Friday, Belmont Centre, 9.30-10am
- Saturday, Uckfield Leisure Centre, 11.15am-12.45pm.
The classes are normally £5 a time but the longer class on a Saturday is £6.50.
To learn more please contact Grace on 01825 763591 or 07966 284139. Her website can be found at www.uckfieldyoga.com.
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory