Wealden Coronavirus cases continue their slow rise, according to the latest data.
This website generally reports on Wealden lab-confirmed cases every Monday and the total now stands at 471, up from 464 last Monday and 457 the week before that.
The rise of seven cases now means the rate per 100,000 of population is 294.1.
Wealden is 63rd on a list of lower-tier local authorities, 64th last time.
The rate per 100,000 inevitably increases as the number of positive tests goes up because the population is static and the availability of tests has grown over time.
Testing in Uckfield
Anyone who thinks they may have symptoms of Covid-19 can book to have a test in Uckfield either today (August 3), tomorrow or Wednesday.
Wealden District Council said that after booking an appointment, people will be able to walk or drive to the test site.
Compare and contrast Wealden with other areas
Here are the statistics from our dataset from neighbouring areas (last week’s figure in brackets)
- Brighton and Hove 814 (797). Current rate per 100,000 population 280.3.
- Eastbourne 449 (439). Current rate per 100,000 population 335.2.
- Hastings borough 135 (132). Current rate per 100,000- population 145.4.
- Lewes district 377 (376). Current rate per 100,000 population 366.9.
- Mid Sussex 609 606). Current rate per 100,000 population 406.8.
- Rother 188 (188). Current rate per 100,000 population 196.5.
- Tunbridge Wells district (482). Current rate – per 100,000 population 408.3.
- East Sussex – 1,620 (1,599) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 292.1 per 100,000 population.
- West Sussex – 2,806 (2,781) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 326.7 per 100,000 population.
- South East region – 35,539 (35,096) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 389.1 per 100,000 population.
- England – 262,746 (257,859) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 469.4 per 100,000 population
Uckfield and district coronavirus cases
Covid-19 cases in Uckfield and the surrounding communities is running at a low level.
There have been no changes in the figures we reported last Monday, see story here
It is important to note that those figures do NOT mean there have been no coronavirus cases in the Uckfield area. If an area has two or fewer cases (including zero), the data is suppressed for reasons of confidentiality by Public Health England.
This website updates the number of Wealden Coronavirus deaths each Wednesday.
- Our information comes from our own data sets which are populated by figures from official sources, including the Office for National Statistics (ONS). Information in this story covers varying reporting periods. This website strives to compare “like with like” and usually reports on a weekly basis.