Latest figures show the number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 continues to edge up.
Two indicators, tracked by this website’s datasets, both show increases, which follow the national trend.
Across Wealden itself, the number of lab-confirmed cases in the past seven days is 13 more than when we last reported a week ago.
Uckfield’s nearby villages
A second figure shows that for the first time in many weeks, the number of cases in a community around Uckfield is high enough to register on the statistics published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The ONS groups areas with around 7,200 average population.
In the last seven days for “which near-complete data” is available, there were three cases in the Five Ash Down, Horsted and Chiddingly area (includes Maresfield, Piltdown, Isfield, Halland, East Hoathly and Laughton).
There were between 0 and 2 cases in the following:
- Uckfield Town and North
- Uckfield South (New Town and Ridgewood)
- Buxted, Framfield and Rotherfield (includes High Hurstwood, Blackboys and Waldron)
- Chelwood and Nutley
Only the exact number of cases is given when the number of cases is three or more.
In Wealden as a whole, the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases is up 13 in the last seven days to a cumulative total of 509, a rate of 315.2 per 100,000 of population.
On a list of 380 local councils, Wealden remains 75th when it comes to the rate per 100,000 of population since the pandemic began.
The number of new cases per day, per 100,000 people in Wealden is just over one in the last seven days.
Bolton, for comparison purposes, is nearly 17 new cases per day, per 100,000 people.
How do we compare?
Compare and contrast Wealden Coronavirus cases with other areas
Here are the statistics for neighbouring areas (last week’s figure in brackets) with the rate per 100,000 of population since the outbreak began.
- Brighton and Hove 900 (870) – 309.4 per hundred thousand of population.
- Eastbourne 474 (469) – 456.9 per hundred thousand of population
- Hastings borough 167 (155) – 180.2 per hundred thousand of population.
- Lewes district 401 (395) – 388.3 per hundred thousand of population.
- Mid Sussex 662 (648) – 438.3 per hundred thousand of population.
- Rother 204 (201) – 212.3 per hundred thousand of population.
- Tunbridge Wells district 529 (512) – 445.6 per hundred thousand of population.
- East Sussex – 1,755 (1,716) – 315.0 per hundred thousand of population.
- West Sussex – 3,035 (2,953) – 351.3 per hundred thousand of population.
- South East region – 38,537 (37,685) – 419.8 per hundred thousand of population.
- England – (288,989) – 513.4 per hundred thousand of population.
This website maintains its own datasets to track Covid-19 in Uckfield, surrounding villages and Wealden more generally. Our statistics are generally taken from ONS data and other published Government sources..
We normally report cases each Monday, based on data up to 4pm the previous day, to allow seven-day comparisons to be made.
The number of deaths in Wealden is generally updated on a Wednesday and for Uckfield and surrounding villages on a monthly basis.