Uckfield Fire Station watch manager Ian Ritchie said the fire broke out in the lounge of the woman’s Rocks park home at 9.20am on Sunday, November 1.
Two crews from Uckfield and one from Lewes attended and firefighters wore breathing apparatus to deal with it.
They administered oxygen therapy to the woman who was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Mr Ritchie said this incident highlighted the value of smoke detectors in raising the alarm early.
His fortnightly round-up of fire service activity continues:
On the same day of the Rocks park fire an Uckfield crew provided cover in Crowborough at 12.20pm while the Crowborough crew dealt with an incident in Wadhurst.
Monday, November 2: Crews from Uckfield and Hailsham dealt with a car fire at Maynards Green at 3pm.
At 7.20pm Uckfield firefighters wore breathing apparatus to extinguish another car fire in Framfield.
Sunday, November 8: One crew was called to assist with a horse trapped in a trailer at Halland at 10.50am but the animal was released before the service arrived.
Monday, November 9: One crew covered Crowborough again at 5.40am.
At 1.15pm one crew were mobilised to provide cover in Haywards Heath.
Crews from Uckfield and Crowborough extinguished a fire in the garage of a property in Piltdown at 5.30pm.
Thursday, November 12: Uckfield and Heathfield crews attended an accident on the forecourt of a petrol station at Cross In Hand at 3.25pm. No fuel pumps were damaged and firefighters provided first aid until the arrival of an ambulance.
Crews from Uckfield and Crowborough were called to release a person trapped in a lift at a block of flats in Crowborough at 5pm.
During the past fortnight Uckfield firefighters have also attended calls to fire alarms sounding in Uckfield.
Home safety visits, designed to raise awareness of safety matters in the home, are always available across the local communities. These visits include the fitting of free smoke alarms where required and are undertaken by firefighters from your local fire station.
For free home safety advice ring 0800 177 7069 or visit Home Safety Visits