West Park and Hempstead Meadow Local Nature Reserves in Uckfield are to have supporters’ groups.
The key objectives will be to:
- Raise and maintain public awareness and involvement with Uckfield Town Council’s Local Nature Reserves (LNRs);
- Develop and implement a range of activities to involve local residents, especially those surrounding the LNRs, and local organisations eg schools;
- Work with the Ranger to support their work activities and involve their support and participation in the programme of activities planned;
- Hold events for the public and all interested organisations to encourage use of the nature reserve for education, research purposes and community participation with nature;
- Promoting the nature reserve to the public with events such as; open days, nature trails, seminars etc; and
- Any person with an interest in the nature reserves is eligible for membership.
Overall environmental policies and activity within the reserves will be governed by the town council’s five-year management plan.
The activities of the Ranger are directed by the assistant town clerk.
A meeting of the remaining members of the LNR mangement committee members will be held to prepare for the introduction of the supporters’ groups.
More details on how to join will become available later.
Be part of the Uckfield Directory and reap the extra benefits