Uckfield Lions Club members have continued supporting others during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Their fund-raising events have been cancelled, including Easter egg raffle, Lions Day in June, 10k fun run and then the Classic Car Rally in September.
They had to close their bookshop in Olives Yard but reserve funds have enabled them to support the following organisations:
- Sussex Support Services, paying for Covid-safe furniture
- Age UK help with paying for a new bed for a patient
- Kids Count Christmas bundles
- Donations to Holy Cross Church, during their tree festival
- Uckfield Food Bank
- Bridge Cottage, paying for the Christmas tree
- And providing 258 Chocolate goody bags, for residents of sheltered accommodation, and care homes around Uckfield.
The Lions mini bus has been used for helping residents with doctors’ and hospital appointment and club members have helped in the car park at The Meads Medical Centre during their Covid-19 vaccination programme.
The Lions would be happy to hear from you if you would like to join them in helping the community, with fund-raising for local good causes, driving the mini bus, or volunteering in the bookshop once it’s open again.
You can contact them via the Uckfield Lions website, or by calling Lions membership manager David Skinner on 01323 767656 or by emailing him on firstname.lastname@example.org.