An extra early morning train has been added to the Uckfield Line from Monday (May 18).
An hourly service to London Bridge will be re-established.
During the lockdown there have only been early trains at 05:34 and 07:34.
From next week, there will be trains departing at 05:29, 06:33 and 07:33 with an hourly timetable thereafter until 22.33.
In recent weeks, services have only run to Oxted where passengers have had to change but the normal through service to London Bridge resumes on Monday.
Departures from London Bridge are at XX:07 with the last train at 23:07.
Govia Thameslink Railway, which runs the Uckfield Line through its Southern operation, said the public should only use public transport if “there is no alternative”.
It warned that passengers. may have to queue to manage social distancing.
This timetable will run until further notice and is available in online journey planners now.
The Government advice sets out that if people cannot work from home and have to travel for work, they should first consider alternatives to public transport. For those who have to use public transport, the guidance for passengers on how to travel safely recommends:
- Keeping 2 metres apart from others wherever possible
- Wearing a face covering if you can
- Using contactless payment where possible
- Avoiding rush hour travel where feasible
- Washing or sanitising your hands before and after travel
- Following advice from staff and being considerate to others