Today’s news from Uckfield businesses and residents during the Coronavirus pandemic. Updates will be added during the course of the day.
South Brockwells Farm Shop
South Brockwells Farm Shop at Little Horsted is offering a 10% discount to NHS, Emergency Services and PO staff.
The business is als offering local delivery to those self isolating or vulnerable.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book or call into the farm shop which is currently open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 2 pm.
A new Uckfield Coronavirus Wellbeing Page has been set up on Facebook where clinical psychologist Dr Emma Stevens and educational psychologist Dr Sophie Martin have volunteered their time to share evidence-based tips, tactics, and advice on how to maintain your wellbeing during the lockdown period.
You can find the page here.
Essence for Change
Aromatherapist and Flower Essence Practitioner Chris Martin held a virtual coffee get-together on Saturday morning and was pleased see some different faces and have a chat.
She’s planning another to take place tomorrow, Thursday, April 9, at 2.30pm if you would like to take part.
Chris, who runs Essence for Change, will automatically send a link to people who have expressed an interest and who have already given her your email address.
If you haven’t and would like to join in then please let her know. She says there’s no cost, no obligation, just turn up if you can and adds: “It’s so good to connect to others and really important at this time.”
Rix and Kay solicitors
Rix and Kay solicitors say COVID-19 continues to present numerous challenges to employers with guidance changing daily.
So they have provided answers to the Top 10 employer questions on Covid-19 in a blog on their website to help businesses during these unprecedented times.
The blog addresses the following issues:
- Can employers ask staff to work from home?
- What are the entitlements to pay and to whom?
- What do I do if an employee does not want to attend work for fear of contracting Covid-19?
- I am a small business owner, will I receive any refund for Statutory Sick Pay?
- Can an employee use holiday to cover absence?
- What do we do if staff are affected by school/nursery closures?
- What medical evidence can be obtained?
- Do we need to close if someone with Covid-19 enters the workplace?
- What adjustments do we need to make to absence management procedures in respect of Covid-19 absences?
- My business is experiencing reductions in demand and I am worried about my ongoing staff costs. What options are there to reduce or manage my staff costs?