The hugely popular Holy Cross Church Festival of Christmas Trees will take place this year on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 7 to 9.
An impressive 100 Christmas trees, all sponsored and decorated by local organisations, schools, charities and individuals, will be on display.
There is no admission fee to the festival but donations are “greatly appreciated”. The money goes to the upkeep of the church and to enable the event to be held in the future.
Full church of trees
All spaces for Christmas trees in the church have been taken.
They were filled within a couple of days of applications being invited.
A spokesperson for Holy Cross Church said: “We’re thrilled that so many of you want to be part of this wonderful event, we’re just truly sorry that we can’t fit everyone in, but hope that all those who missed out this year will be able to return as a sponsor for the 2019 Festival.”
Alongside the festival itself, there will be:
- Live entertainment, including a number of musicians;
- Jimmy the Juggling Jester will return on Saturday;
- Pretty Fantastic Faces are offering face painting throughout the weekend;
- Refreshments available throughout the weekend:
- Morning coffee and mince pies, homemade lunches and afternoon tea,
- Mulled wined hot chocolate will be available outside the church on Friday evening;
- The grand raffle returns with an impressive list of prizes… first prize is £100 cash;
- The ‘Crafty Ladies’ are offering an abundance of handcrafted gifts and creations;
- Biscuit decorating available for all children;
- An array of gifts, jams, chutneys, decorations, sweets and treats available; and
- The ‘Memorial Tree’ returns where you are invited to write a message.
Friday, December 7: 10am to 9pm
Saturday, December 8: 10am to 6pm
Sunday, December 9: 11.30am to 4pm with a Christmas service at 4.30pm
Friday, December 7, is also Uckfield’s Late-Night Shopping evening.
Find local organisations in our Uckfield Directory