There will be lots going on in Uckfield during late night shopping on Friday, (December 6), and it would be easy to miss out on festive entertainment so here’s a list of 12 must-see things.
- Dance – Universal Dance students will be entertaining outside the Civic Centre from 6-7.30pm.
- Art – There will be exhibitions, organised by Uckfield Framing Company, in a variety of locations including Uckfield Yoga Studio and Rowland Gorringe Estate Agents.
- Father Christmas – Uckfield Lions will be hosting a visit by Father Christmas and his sleigh in Olives Yard.
- Nativity – A walk-through Nativity is being presented by Kings Church and Uckfield Baptist Church at The Source, at the bottom of Luxford Car Park.
- Holy Cross Christmas Tree Festival – More than 100 decorated trees will be on display at Holy Cross Church which will be open from 10am until 9pm. The festival will be open again on Saturday and Sunday.
- Children’s singing – on a stage outside Hartfields.
- Stage – more entertainment on a stage between Bell Lane and Civic Approach.
- Hog roast – outside the Volunteer Centre in High Street.
- Brass band, Harvey’s Brewery bar, free roasted chestnuts, and a craft artisan market – all in one place at Bridge Cottage.
- Hunt the Elf – a competition to name elves hiding in shop windows.
- Fire service demonstration – High Street, near Bell Lane.
- Shopping – There are plenty of gift ideas in Uckfield shops and here are tips to digest before you set out: Tips for shopping in Uckfield in the run-up to Christmas
The High Street closes at 5.15pm between Grange Road and the Bell Lane junction. Residents will still be able to access Grange Road.
Civic Approach closes at 5pm but it will be possible to access Luxford Car Park from Library Way near the Picture House.
The roads are expected to reopen at 10pm.
There will be free parking at the station car park and in Bell Walk from 5-10pm.
• See Uckfield News pictures of late night shopping in Uckfield last year: Families flock to Uckfield late-night shopping.