Three Uckfield hairdressers will be taking part in a 15,000 ft sky dive in December and one of them is so terrified that she is being hypnotised in advance.
Nate Stagg and Nadine Dale are excited at the prospect but Natalie Edwards doesn’t know how she will react because she can’t even tolerate a fairground ride without the nerves, vertigo and motion sickness kicking in.
All three work together at Natalie’s salon, Academy of Hair in Uckfield High Street, and they will be raising funds for St Wilfrid’s Hospice through the challenge.
Natalie wasn’t originally scheduled to take part but their colleague Sharon Blackford had to pull out because of a shoulder injury.
Why are you doing it Natalie? “Because it’s for charity,” she said. “And it’s for me too, I need to overcome this fear of heights.”
Natalie is hoping the donation of a hypnotherapy session from Tina Gray Hypnotherapy will help get her through the jump, which is due to take place in Salisbury on December 1.
St Wilfrid’s Hospice
Funds raised will go to St Wilfrid’s in memory of a close friend and customer of Sharon’s who was helped greatly by the hospice.
The hairdressers have also chosen St Wilfrid’s to benefit from their Christmas fund-raising and a raffle is under way with lots of prizes donated by local business.
Please call into the salon if you would like to boost sky dive funding or buy raffle tickets.
Raffle winners will be announced on Sunday, December 21. Tickets are £1 each and prizes include:
- £100 Voucher for Hair Services at Academy of Hair Uckfield
- Signed Rag n Bone man Vinyls
- Three Areas Botox with Janice Stayner at Pretty Alluring
- Six Month Gym Pass at Isenhurst Gyms
- Family Photoshoot with three high res images at Kenquartz
- Glitter Hamper worth over £100 at GlitterLipsUK
- Beautiful Gold Pendant from W E Clark & Son jewellers
- Vampire Facial at The Beauty Spot
- A Beautiful Hair piece from Fross Wedding Collections
- Wella Sebastian Straightening Irons with Wella Hamper
- Two personal training sessions with Kelvin Brown
- Full set of eyelash extensions with Elle Harrison
- Two £25 vouchers from George Moss Jewellers
- Week of Musical Theatre workshop at Debs Dancers Uckfield
- £40 Voucher for use in The Highlands, Uckfield
- £20 Voucher for Paws & Claws Uckfield
- 30 Minutes Tanning at Sun City, Uckfield
- £20 Voucher from The Station pub, Uckfield
- Four tickets for The Broadway for New Years Eve
- Champagne & Chocolates from Waitrose
- Gel Nails And Toes at Blush Beauty Uckfield
- Two Men’s/child haircuts at Harrys Barbers
- £10 voucher at Hartfields Uckfield
- Five Fitsteps classes with Natalie Wiles
- Vouchers from RBArts Dance Academy
- Yankee Candle Calender
- Champagne glasses
- Soft scarf From Cristobel Uckfield
- Two tickets to Jack and the Beanstalk panto in Eastbourne, courtesy of Eastbourne Theatres
- Baby swimming lesson with Lauren Lewis.
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory