The Shell garage on the Maresfield by-pass near Uckfield is due to open tomorrow (Friday) and promises many new features for shoppers to enjoy.
Ed Hall, Shell UK alliance and strategy manager said the store would now offer a wide range of food and drinks from Little Waitrose and Partners, meaning customers can pick up snacks on the go, or dinner for tonight.
There will be a flower selection too with fresh bunches available for customers.
Jamie Oliver deli by Shell
The new features will also include a Costa machine, and the Jamie Oliver deli by Shell range, offering sandwiches, deli selection, and salads “made with great ingredients, honestly sourced and put together with love and care”.
Mr Hall said: “We’re please to confirm the re-opening of Shell Blackdown. We’re looking forward to bringing a great range of delicious products to our expanded store in partnership with Waitrose.
“The new store features will allow customers to grab a coffee and dinner for this evening, all while filling up their tank.”
Here is what shoppers can expect:
- Little Waitrose and Partners Food To Go, which includes sandwiches, salads, fruit and snacking items.
- Waitrose Dinner for Tonight which consists of Chinese/Asian/Indian/Italian/British ready meals. A strong vegetarian offer in ready meals. Pizza, pasta, soup, vegetables, salads, meat and fish products.
- Waitrose Dairy and Deli. This includes Waitrose milk, cheese, and juice. A deli offer ranging from everyday items and cooked chicken to picnic items.
- Waitrose award-winning chilled white and red wine.
- There is a gifting zone where you can choose Waitrose flowers, boxed chocolates, and greeting cards.
- Waitrose bakery lines consisting of sliced bread, rolls, and cakes.