Revised plans for 1000 homes at Ridgewood Farm, Uckfield, are due to go on display at the town’s Civic Centre tomorrow.
And a planning application is expected to be submitted to Wealden District Council by the end of this month.
The exhibition at the Civic Centre will show proposals which have been updated since a consultation event at the end of February last year. It will be there from tomorrow until Friday, January 23.
All details of the changes will go on to a website at www.ridgewoodfarm.co.uk during tomorrow. The time is not yet known.
A bound document of the proposals will also be available at the town’s library, for a week, for people who don’t have internet access or who would prefer to look at a hard copy.
The scheme’s project manager Andrew Hodgson from Welbeck Strategic Land told UckfieldNews.com yesterday that the main changes from plans shown last year included moving SANGS – Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space – from within the site to land at Little Horsted on the other side of the by-pass.
Uckfield News has previously reported on those plans. See: Uckfield 1000 homes plan takes shape and Disquiet over growth of Uckfield 1000 homes development site.
Mr Hodgson also confirmed that Welbeck is now able to include a separate access, in the plans, from the A22 Uckfield by-pass to an employment area on the site and that this access could also be used by sludge lorries, currently using Bridge Farm Road to access the town’s sewage works, if Southern Water is willing to engage in that.
This has also been reported previously on UckfieldNews.com. See Ridgewood Farm plan to include new access to Uckfield sewage works.
Mr Hodgson said the main access to the site – for 750 homes – would be from the by-pass. There would be three other accesses from Lewes Road.
One utilising the existing entrance to Ridgewood Farm would be a cycle and bus link, then two other accesses either side of Ridgewood Stream would be for a combined total of 250 dwellings. There could, say, be access to 90 homes from one of the roads and 160 on the other. That has not been decided yet.
Mr Hodgson said good progress had been made in talks about primary school provision on the site.
Welbeck would have to provide a one form entry school for the 1000 dwellings but part of an agreement with East Sussex County Council allows for provision to be increased to a two form entry school.
“That could be built immediately or we could build a one-form school and when the council is ready to increase use of the site the school could become two form entry. East Sussex County Council would make that decision,” said Mr Hodgson.
A two-form entry school would enable Holy Cross Primary School to move from its town centre site to the new development.
Uckfield News has previously reported on plans to move the school. See Holy Cross School could move to Ridgewood and Support for plan to move Holy Cross School out of Uckfield town centre.