Update: Planning permission was given on August 11, 2015, for The Cottage to be demolished and replaced with another house.
Our story on July 21, 2016: Uckfield Town Council wants restrictions put on a planned redevelopment of a cottage into an “impressive house” in Hempstead Road to try and minimise disruption during construction for nearby residents.
The council has told Wealden District Council it recommends approval of the planning application to demolish the property known as The Cottage. Details of the application in this earlier UckfieldNews.com story here
The town council suggest two conditions should be restricting heavy vehicles visiting the site to 9am to 6pm and no activity causing noise disturbance to be allowed after 7pm.
The council has also recommended approval of an
- An application for a single-storey front extension at 45 The Drive;
- Replacement of a storm damaged canopy at Holy Cross School, Belmont Road; and
- Single storey extension, change of description and amended plans to show reduction to single-storey extension at 14 New Road, Ridgewood.
These application did not go before the plans committee because the date for response falls outside the usual cycle of the council’s plans committee.
Commitee chairman, Cllr James Anderson, Trust Independent, Uckfield North, gave the “definitive response of the committee”. There had been no comments from members of the public.
The procedure for handling planning applications outside the usual cycle was agreed at a full meeting of the town council on April 8, 2013.
At last night’s (July 20) meeting, the plans committee agreed to recommend Wealden District Council approve the following applications:
- Removal of existing garage and replacement with oak-framed garage at Chicory Cottage, Rocks Road, Uckfield;
- A conservatory extension at The Coach House, Snatts Road, Uckfield; and a
- New external staircase to side of property to serve first floor flat at 39 Harcourt Road, Uckfield.
The committee recommended refusal of a plan to demolish an existing conservatory and construction of dining room and toilet abutting existing porch with new main bedroom with en-suite bathroom at 84 The Drive, Uckfield.
Members of the plans committee present at the meeting were:
Chair: Cllr James Anderson, Trust Independent, North
Vice-chair: Cllr Chris Macve, Trust Independent, North
Cllr Mick Dean, Trust Independent, New Town
Cllr Donna French, Trust Independent, North
Cllr Jackie Love, Trust Independent, North
Cllr Barry Mayhew, Liberal Democrat, New Town
Apologies for absence:
Cllr Duncan Bennett, Trust Independent, New Town