Eleven defibrillators are now available for use in the Uckfield area thanks to Uckfield Lions who have worked with other groups and individuals to provide them.
The latest has been placed in the Belmont Centre, next to Holy Cross Church. It will be available for use when the centre is open from 9am to 5pm every day.
Defibrillators are used to treat life-threatening conditions that affect the rhythm of the heart. Those placed locally are automatic, talking the user through the process, so ensuring they can be used by anyone.
Other defibrillators, available 24/7 in the Uckfield area, can be found:
- Outside the Library
- By the signal box at Uckfield Railway Station
- Outside the Foresters Hall, in Harcourt Road
- On the front of the pavilion at the Victoria Recreation Ground
- On the side of the pavailion at West Park Recreation Ground
- In the doorway of the Wealden Bowls Club
- On the pavilion at Maresfield Recreation Ground
More units are available when the facilities are open at:
- The Sports Pavilion, at Buxted Park
- Uckfield Rugby Club
- Uckfield Community Technology College
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory