Memories were shared and awards presented as farewells were said to Year 6 pupils at Manor Primary School this morning, the last day of the school year.
There was a slide show of photographs comparing the children as they are now with when they first arrived at the school, and videos were shown of them in the foundation stage building rockets and hard at work on a ‘building site’.
A leavers’ song was sung and every child was presented with a certificate, along with badges to show their achievements at school in areas ranging from endeavour, to technical and scientists, and from writers to artists/creative thinkers and sportspeople.
Trophies were also presented to those who had achieved that little bit extra. They were:
- Academic Achievement – Abbie Wilson
- Outstanding Attainment Award – Jack Jarvis
- Karen Miles Award for Maths – Raul Hurnall
- Kaye Blaney Award for Writing – Jess Hocking
- ‘The Pride of Manor’ Award for Kindness – Summer Tilley
- Sportsmanship Award – Fred Savage
- Girl of the Year – Darcie Turney
- Boy of the Year – Louis Wood
- Star of the Future – Reiss Giles
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory