The bookkeeper would report to the bookkeeping manager and core responsibilities would include:
- Input data
- Maintain sales, purchase and general ledgers
- Post month end journals
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets. Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travel to and work from client sites
- Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
- Complete each assignment before passing to the manager for review.
- Develop and maintain good client relations
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client’s expectations
Essential skills and experience would include:
- Previous proven book-keeping experience in an office environment
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- Intermediate/advanced Excel, Xero, Sage 50
- Good working knowledge of VAT
This is a highly deadline-based role so, at times, flexibility on hours in peak times will be required.
To apply now please follow this link to the Simmons Gainsford website.
Private client tax assistant
The private client tax assistant would report to the personal tax manager
The successful applicant will become involved with a good mix of private client compliance work, including UK resident and non-resident individuals, SMEs, and OMBs.
While working closely with the senior tax team you will also be provided with study support if required and room for progression.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Request tax return information from the client or relevant parties
- Prepare and generate tax returns using CCH software
- Advising clients of the UK tax positions
- Providing administrative support to the team
- To carry out any duties commensurate with the role
Desirable skills and experience include:
- ATT/AAT qualified or working towards a professional qualification
- IT literate (Excel Word, CCH Personal Tax, Alpha Tax)
- Previous experience with a personal tax working environment
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
To apply for the private client tax assistant role please follow this link to the Simmons Gainsford website.