East Sussex County Council has given figures on how much minor roadworks cost.
Here’s the jobs list and the “typical” price:
- Zebra crossing £17,000 to £24,000
- Puffin crossing £60,000 to £80,000
- “Build outs” into the highway £10,000 to £15,000 each
- Traffic island £5,000 to £8,000
- Speed cusion £10,000 per pair
- Traffic sign £150 but £1,000 if lit
- Dropped kerby £2,000 per pair
- Bollard £150 to £400 depending on type.
- Road markings are “cheap to install”.
The figures have been given to Uckfield Town Council which is investigating costings for taking over some functions from the county council, for which the county might make a financial contribution, and for initiating action to alter highways in the town.