Chartered surveyors Oldfield Smith & Co are looking for a graduate surveyor to support and assist directors in all sectors of the business.
Bernard Smith, director and head of professional services, said the job would provide an unrivalled opportunity to gain direct, relevant experience in key areas of commercial property.
He said: “Full training will be given but the successful candidate will be expected to progress rapidly to work without direct supervision in due course. Long term prospects are excellent for the right individual with good potential to advance within the company.”
The successful candidate will have:
- a fully-empting RICS accredited degree or be in the final year of a part time/distance taught course
- student membership of RICS
- acceptance onto the APC via the Commercial Property pathway (this need not be in place initially but there must be no bar to entry)
- outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- maths and English at a minimum of GCSE Grade C
- a clean driving licence with your own transport (a mileage allowance will be paid)
For full details of the job description please contact Bernard on 01825 762222 or by email at Bernie@oldfield-smith.co.uk.
Oldfield Smith was founded two years ago by Richard Oldfield and Bernard Smith and is based at Quarry House in Mill Lane, Uckfield.
It was chosen as best new business in the town’s business awards held in November and Bernard was elected as a vice-president of Uckfield Chamber of Commerce at the organisation’s annual meeting last month.
Bernard said: “Being able to build links with the community through the Chamber has been very much at the heart of our ethos and, in the same way, being able to help local businesses to grow and develop has also been particularly rewarding.”
He added that Oldfield Smith was pleased to be expanding and to be recruiting a graduate surveyor.
• Oldfield Smith & Co have a listing in the Uckfield Directory on UckfieldNews.com where their contact details can be found 24/7 in categories for chartered surveyors, commercial estate agents and commercial property management.