A free blanket testing session is to be held at Uckfield Fire Station on Tuesday, October 11, from 10am until noon.
There will also be an opportunity there to get advice and information on home safety, house adaptations, pensions and benefits, home security and fire prevention.
Last year in sessions across the district 38 per cent of blankets tested failed to meet safety standards.
Wealden District Council cabinet member for community Cllr Johanna Howell said: “Over the past ten years there have been 27 serious house fires as a result of faulty electric blankets in East Sussex.”
She said while they provided a valuable means of keeping warm during autumn and winter it was important electric blankets were regularly tested, particularly if they were showing signs of wear or the material was fraying.
“If you have any concerns I would urge you to go along to one of the sessions in your area.”
There will be other sessions in Crowborough, Hailsham, Heathfield, Ninfield and Polegate.