Contact Details90 High Street
TN22 1PU T. 01825 508146
About Best Health Food Shop
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am–6pm, Sat 9.00am–5.30pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. Also open Bank Holidays.
Best Health Food Shop is open seven days a week and stocks a huge range of products from food – frozen, chilled and ambient – to toiletries, household products, local products, supplements and herbs, zero waste and sustainable goods, and much more.
Owners Len Glenville and Melanie Beard took over the store from the previous owner after she had run the health food shop for 30 years.
They carried out major refurbishment of the premises at 90 High Street, Uckfield, opening the new-look store on October 12, 2019, with the Uckfield Mayor, Cllr Spike Mayhew, and Dr Marilyn Glenville, PhD, doing the honours.
New bespoke shelving and a complete redesign of the layout means there is extra space to accommodate over 1,000 product lines including the best products the couple have discovered in the four years since they opened their first of five Best Health Food Shops in Kent and Sussex.
They continually strive to bring customers high quality, new, and innovative products, offering taste testers where possible, as well as encouraging and promoting locally produced goods in store.
Len and Melanie have created a warm and friendly space with a great new team of friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff, including a qualified nutritionist and a herbalist on staff who are on hand to offer all customers excellent customer service as well as advice and help regarding health, lifestyle and diet.
Next day customer ordering gives additional access to more than 12,000 products that, if ordered before 3pm, can be in store the next day. There is also a customer reward points programme which gives customers discounts when they shop.
Throughout the shop you will find organic, vegetarian, gluten free, plastic-free, and vegan food and products, along with a range of other high-quality products such as supplements, toiletries and household items.
Eco friendliness and sustainability are hugely important to the shop. Look out for their well-stocked Zero Waste refill section in store. Here you can reuse and refill your own bottles with a great range of household products such as laundry liquid, washing up liquid, fabric conditioner and cleaners as well as natural toiletries such as shampoos, conditioners, hand soaps; all in an array of fragrances. More items to be added in the future.
There are also loose food items in easy to use dispensers, such as nuts, seeds, oats, muesli, pasta, lentils, which you can put into your own containers, or use one of the brown paper bags or glass jars available in the shop. We can also weigh out herbs, spices and other food items.
A large range of plastic free products and compostable packaging is available throughout the store.
The stock list includes:
- Ambient, Chilled and Frozen foods – with a large organic, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan selection
- Large range of sustainable products and zero plastic/compostable packaging
- Teas, coffees and other drinks; alternative milks
- Healthy treats and snacks
- Dried Goods: flour, grains, oats, muesli, cereal etc
- Honey and natural sweeteners
- Baking ingredients
- Local products, eggs, honey, handmade items and toiletries
- Gluten Free bread delivered in store weekly
- Zero waste – Weigh out your own nuts, seeds, pasta, lentils, oats, etc
- Zero waste – refill your bottles with laundry liquids, fabric conditioners, cleaners and more
- Zero waste – refill your shampoos, conditioners, hand soaps and more
- Dried fruit, seeds, herbs and spices all weighed out to your needs
- Oils, vinegars and sauces
- Supplements, Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
- Natural toiletries, hair dye and feminine care, dental, make up and more
- Baby and child – food, supplements, toiletries etc
- Household items and accessories
New products and ranges are being added in store all the time.
Len and Melanie say: “We aim to always put our customers needs at the forefront of what we do, by offering an exceptional service and by supplying high quality products at reasonable prices, with no mark ups.
“We also pass on supplier discounts where available and customers save money by being part of our reward programme. We encourage customers to come in and speak to us about anything or just to say ‘Hi’.
“We want to ensure that the shop is still here as a Health Food Shop for the next 30 years and want to be more involved with the local community by offering a great customer experience as well as holding events and talks to help educate people about our passion for health and wellbeing.”
Contact Best Health Food Shop by calling 01825 508146 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Find its website at https://www.besthealthfoodshop.com/uckfield/