Uckfield Leisure Centre is due to reopen its dry-side facilities on Saturday (August 1) with the pool opening for lane swimming from Monday.
Ivan Horsfall-Turner, managing director at Freedom Leisure which runs the centre, says a lot of planning and work has been done with the focus on making sure centres and teams are prepared to provide the usual high levels of customer service, and the reassurance customers need to return.
There’s information about the activities available, opening times, and how to book, on the Freedom Leisure website.
Meanwhile Uckfield Town Council has announced that its play areas will reopen from today (Thursday, July 30) after the equipment is sanitised.
A company is being employed, once a month, to spray the equipment with a sanitiser that lasts up to 30 days on surfaces, so eliminating the need for daily cleaning.
Routine safety inspections have been conducted by town council staff in anticipation of reopening. The Luxford Field site will reopen when refurbished, and Ridgewood play area will remain temporarily closed because some surfaces are unsafe and are awaiting patch repairs.
Other play areas, which will reopen are at Hughes Way, Oakwood Drive, Hempstead Road, Rocks Park, and Victoria Pleasure Ground.
Rules which must be followed are displayed on entrance gates and include:
- Maintain social distancing
- Only one Adult per family unit in the play area at any one time
- Adults and Guardians to provide regular hand sanitising
- No food or drink within the play area
- Please use bins provided or take litter home with you
- Do not use any equipment marked out of use
- Do not enter the play area if you are showing signs of Covid-19
- If the play area is busy, please come back later