The rate of lab-confirmed Covid-19 cases in Wealden has slowed since this website last reported on the data a week ago.
The total figure for the district now stands at 222 – an increase of three since our report a week ago.
The previous week there was an increase of six.
This total gives a rate of 138.6 per 100,000 population in the district .
Wealden remains 32nd on a list of lower-tier local authorities.
The rate per 100,000 inevitably increases as the number of positive tests goes up and a change of just a handful of cases can alter where an area sits in the national list of authorities.
Neighbouring areas (with last time’s figure in brackets):
- Brighton and Hove 478 (464) – rate per 100,000 population 164.6
- Rother 103 (99) – rate per 100,000 population 107.7
- Eastbourne 154 (152) – rate per 100,000 population 149.3
- Tunbridge Wells district 262 (238) – rate per 100,000 population 221.9
- Lewes district 209 (207) – rate per 100,000 population 203.4
- Mid Sussex 291 (289) – rate per 100,000 population 194.4
- East Sussex – 743 (732) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 134.0. per 100,000 population
- West Sussex – 1,354 (1,335) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 157.7 per 100,000 population
- South East region – 22,308 (21,951) lab-confirmed cases with a rate of 244.2 per 100,000 population
- England – 157,074 (154,680) lab-confirmed cases with a rate per 100,000 population of 280.6
These figures are extracted from Office of National Statistics data.
ONS note: Covid-19 cases are identified by taking specimens from people and sending these specimens to laboratories to be tested. If the test is positive, this is a referred to as a lab-confirmed case.
UckfieldNews notes: As stated, these are lab-confirmed cases. The number of people who have had coronavirus will be higher as people may have symptoms but have gone untested and some people display no symptoms at all.
The rate per 100,000 will inevitably increase and small rises are not cause for alarm. The number of positive lab-confirmed tests is rising (small numbers) while the total population total is, of course, unchanged.