Conservative Nus Ghani has won the Wealden seat in the general election.
The number of votes recorded were:
- Conservative, Nus Ghani, 37,043
- Liberal Democrat, Chris Bowers, 11,388
- Labour Party, Angie Smith, 9,377
- The Green Party, Georgia Widdicombe, 3099
The turnout was 73.84% in an electorate of 82,998.
The number of ballot papers issued was 61,284 and 365 of them were rejected, mostly through being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty.
The Conservative vote increased by 26 over the 2017 election result. The Labour vote fell by 4,022, the Liberal Democrats increased by 5,107, and The Green Party result increased by 1,140.
The results in June 2017 were:
- Conservative, Nus Ghani, 37,027
- Labour, Angie Smith, 13,399
- Liberal Democrats, Chris Bowers, 6,281
- The Green Party, Colin Geoffrey Stocks, 1,959
- UKIP, Nicola Audrey, 1,798
The turnout was slightly higher in Wealden in 2017, 74.40%. The electorate then was 81,425. The number of ballot papers issued 60,577, and the number rejected was 113.
Mock election at Uckfield College
In a mock election for Year 12 and 13 students at Uckfield College where 188 votes were cast the results were:
- Liberal Democrats, 71
- Labour, 49
- Conservative, 43
- Greens, 26