Work to build the first access road onto the 1,000 home development site in Ridgewood is scheduled to begin in January, 2018.
Homes in Phase 1A, closest to Little Horsted roundabout, are due to start going up within the second quarter of the year, with a show home/marketing suite due to open in the third quarter.
Work is scheduled to begin on a second access leading to Phase 1B in April 2018 with those homes due to be built from the fourth quarter of 2020.
The accesses, first southern, and then northern, both off Lewes Road, would enable 250 homes to be built. Phases 1A and 1B would be separated by Ridgewood Stream and accompanying green corridor.
Of the 250, 30 would be affordable and eight would be for shared ownership. A total 743 parking spaces would be provided, 264 of them garage spaces and 479 allocated spaces.
Most of the spaces would be on-plot and there would be limited courtyard parking.
Mix of housing
Detailed plans have now been submitted to Wealden Council on behalf of Taylor Wimpey for these homes.
The plans show a mix of housing types and tenures which would include:
Open market: nine, two bedroom homes; 73, three bedroom homes; 88 four-bedroom homes, and 42, five bedroom homes. A total of 212.
Shared ownership: four two-bedroom homes and four three-bedroom homes. A total of eight.
Affordable rent: six one-bedroom homes, 17 two-bedroom, and seven three-bedroom. A total of 30.
In Phase 1A, to the south, a primary street would create a loop around the site.
In Phase 1B the Main Street branches into two, one branch wrapping around the southern part of the development and another street running in a north to south direction. There would be secondary streets off the primary streets.
Also to be provided would be:
- Pedestrian/cycle links through the site.
- An internal road layout design which would ensure low traffic speeds.
- Particular attention would be paid to surface quality, and sufficient ‘overlook’ to provide a sense of safety and security for users; and
- There would be appropriate signage and crossing points of roads through the development, to include dropped kerbs, tactile paving and guardrails as appropriate.
Outline planning permission has already been given for 1,000 homes on Ridgewood Farm to the south west of Uckfield between the town centre and Ridgewood. Only homes are included in Phases 1A and 1B.
The outline permission is for:
- Up to 1,000 dwellings
- Demolition of existing buildings and associated structures
- Up to two-form entry primary school and early years facilities
- Provision of retail, community health and leisure uses
- Up to 13,495 sq m of employment
- Enhanced pedestrian/cycle routes
- Public open spaces
- Car parking and vehicular access
- Access points at site boundaries and
- The creation of SANGS (Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space).
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory