A wind turbine and solar panels are on an Uckfield Town Council wish list following a report from their Energy and Sustainability Working Group.
A whole range of changes are being considered from replacing the Civic Centre boiler to investigating the viability of a heat recovery system for the Weald Hall.
Members of the town councillors general purposes committee have recommended:
* Money be taken for a wind turbine and Victoria pavilion enhancements from General Reserves.
* A survey and design, costing £1,500, are commissioned with a view to replacing the Civic Centre boiler.
* An investigation is commissioned to ascertain the viability of a heat recovery system for the Weald Hall.
* An investigation into the price and viability of replacing the existing electrically heated hot water system to Luxford's kitchen with a “high efficiency gas boiler”.
* Estimates be obtained for installing a solar PV array on the south facing Civic Centre roof at the earliest opportunity.
* All lighting in the Civic Centre should be reviewed to see if additional savings could be achieved.
* Investigations be carried out to see if a suitable voltage optimisation unit could be installed in the Civic Centre.
* Provision of a rainwwater harvester system for Ridgewood Pavilion, as part of the car park project, be investigated