The council says:
On Thursday, March 12, Uckfield residents will have the opportunity to participate in the first parish poll in Wealden for more than ten years and cast a yes or no vote in response to the question:
“Do you support the removal of current on-street parking provision in Uckfield High Street?”
The rules for holding a Parish Poll do not allow poll cards – residents will supply their addresses to polling station staff to ensure that they are on the electoral roll. The rules also exclude postal votes or proxy votes.
Residents will be able to cast their vote at their usual polling stations, which will be open from 4pm to 9pm.
Location of polling station and electoral register number range
- Ashdown Room, Uckfield Civic Centre, Bell Farm Lane: WUA-1 to WUA-2380
- Foresters Hall, Harcourt Road, Uckfield: WUB-1 to WUB-2138
- Mobile Classroom at Front of School, Manor Primary School, Downsview Crescent: WUC-1 to WUC-2722
- Ashdown Room, Uckfield Civic Centre, Bell Farm Lane: WUD-1 to WUD-1591
- Ridgewood Village Hall, New Road, Ridgewood, Uckfield: WMG-1 to WMG-2842
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 01323 443322 or 01892 653311.
The call for a poll came from campaigners fighting to retain parking in Uckfield High Street with a vote in favour of one coming at a town meeting on February 7 2015. The results of the poll will not be binding.
Read more in a previous Uckfield News story about how the poll came about: Referendum to be held about on-street parking in Uckfield.