A further period of off-peak closures on the Uckfield Line have been announced by train operator Southern.
The closures are connected to the lengthening of all platforms between Uckfield to Edenbridge Town.
The improvement works, to accommodate longer trains, are due to finish at the end of July.
Southern will run buses in place of trains between Oxted and Uckfield on the following weekends:
- Saturday, March 19,
- Sunday, March 20,
- Saturday, April 16 (see below for Sunday details),
- Saturday, May 14,
- Sunday, May 15.
Off-peak weekday closures, which began on February 29, continue until Thursday, March 24.
They resume on:
- Tuesday, March 29 to Friday, April 1, and
- Monday, April 11 to Friday April 15.
During these off-peak closures of the line, between 09:20 and 16:40 buses will run between Oxted and Crowborough calling at all stations and between Crowborough and Haywards Heath calling at Buxted and Uckfield.
The last peak-time train to London during these periods will be 08:34 with the first train back from London Bridge the 16:08.
Other disruptions on the line are:
- Sunday, April 17 – buses will run between Ashurst and Uckfield.
- Sunday, May 8 – buses will run between Purley and East Grinstead / Uckfield.