Uckfield firefighters used the town’s bulk water carrier last month in support of six crews dealing with a fire at a scrapyard in Lewes.
This fire on the night of Thursday, February 21 was one incident in a busy fortnight for our fire service, says watch manager Ian Ritchie.
Occupants of an overturned car at Cross in Hand were released by Uckfield firefighters, working with a crew from Heathfield, on Monday, February 18.
Two chimney fires in Fletching and one in Hadlow Down brought a warning to residents to ensure that their chimneys were swept regularly.
One crew was in action in Limes Lane, Buxted, during the evening of Saturday, February 23 when they were assisted by Crowbrouogh’s specialist animal rescue team to release a cow trapped in a muddy bog while another dealt with an electrical fire at a house in Regency Close, Uckfield.
On Sunday, February 24, firefighters were called to a block of flats in Uckfield where they force entry into a smoky flat. They found an elderly lady who had fallen in the kitchen and there was a burnt out pan on the hob.
The flat was ventilated and the occupant give oxygen therapy until an ambulance arrived.
One crew was then sent on to Barcombe School with a crew from Lewes where thick black smoke have been seen coming from the boiler room. A faulty boiler was isolated.
Firefighters were back in Balcombe at 9am on Thursday, February 28, when they used breathing apparatus and hosereels to tackle a bedroom fire.
Uckfield crews have also attended calls to fire alarms operating in Uckfield, Buxted, Crowborough, Cross In Hand and Sheffield Park.
Anybody requiring safety advice can contact East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service on 0800 1777069, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.esfrs.org to arrange a visit when free advice will be provided together with free smoke alarms if required.