Road tax is due to increase for cars registered after April 1, 2017, and SLM Toyota Uckfield says there’s a great opportunity for people registering new vehicles between now and then to save hundreds of pounds.
When the new rates come in, tax for the first year will be based on CO2 emissions and after that the amount to be paid depends on the type of vehicle.
The rates are:
- £140 a year for petrol or diesel vehicles
- £130 a year for alternative fuel vehicles (hybrids, bioethanol and LPG)
- £0 a year for vehicles with zero CO2 emissions
There is an additional charge of £310 for new vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000. Read more on the government website: New vehicle tax rates from 1 April 2017.
Current tax rates are:
- £110 a year for vehicles with CO2 emissions of between 121-130 g/km
- £30 for vehicles with CO2 emissions of between 111-120 g/km
- £20 for vehicles with CO2 emissions of between 101-110 g/km
- £0 for vehicles with CO2 emissions up to 100 g/km
Check out the SLM Toyota website to see how new Toyotas will be affected after April 1.
Contact SLM Toyota on 01825 768989 or call in at the SLM Toyota premises in Bolton Close on the Bellbrook Business Park, Uckfield, if you are interested in buying and registering a new car before that date.