NHS and private flu vaccinations are now available from Kamsons Pharmacy, in Bell Farm Road, Uckfield.
Pharmacy manager Conor Clancy is available to give the vaccinations Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.30pm and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. The pharmacy can be contacted on 01825 767172.
Private vaccinations, which cost £10, are also available at Kamsons Pharmacy in Uckfield High Street on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 5.30pm. The High Street pharmacy can be contacted on 01825 762959.
It is not necessary to make an appointment for a flu vaccination but Kamsons says it is a good idea to check stock availability before visiting.
Emma Beadle from the pharmacy said the number of people getting flu this season is expected to rise drastically and vaccination is the best way to protect yourself.
The vaccinations are free to those eligible or privately for £10.
She added there are a few myths surrounding flu vaccinations. For example it is not possible to catch flu from receiving the vaccine. Also it is important to be vaccinated each year as they are tailored to the strains of flu expected that season.
People entitled to a free NHS vaccine include:
All people aged 65 years and over
People aged from 18 to 65 with one or more of the following medical conditions:
- Chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis;
- Chroic heart disease, such as heart failure;
- Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five;
- Chronic liver disease;
- Chronic neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, or motor neurone disease, or learning disability;
- Immunosuppression, a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment);
- Asplenia or splenic dysfunction;
- Morbid obesity;
- Pregnant women, aged 18 or over (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season);
- People aged 18 or over living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
- Carers aged 18 or over, or
- Household contacts of immunocompromised individuals who are aged 18 or over.
For more information on flu vaccines or the Kamsons prescription service which offers free delivery in the Uckfield area, please contact Conor and the pharmacy team on 01825 767172.