There was more vandalism and anti-social behaviour in Uckfield yesterday.
Townspeople reported incidents on the Uckfield Talk Facebook page including:
- Glass door smashed at Fross Wedding Collections in Bell Walk last night
- Bottles smashed at West Park yesterday afternoon
- A group wearing masks running through cars and trying to be intimidating during the afternoon
- Group of lads driving at speed through traffic in London Road during the afternoon
Simone from Forno Antico contacted the police about the broken window at Fross.
On Friday he told Uckfield News he was in despair about problems in town and joined the call for action against the troublemakers.
He said one of his restaurant windows was smashed in November and youngsters were throwing snowballs at the glass earlier this week. They also threw them into Bell Walk Dry Cleaners where they were were challenged by the owner.
Meanwhile parents are concerned about all youngsters being blamed for the trouble. One parent told Uckfield News. “The worrying thing about this is that all youngsters are in the firing line – even the good ones.”
• Police are urging anyone witnessing anti-social behaviour to report it immediately by dialling 999. They are also asked to pass on any information that will enable officers to identify and deal with those responsible by contacting police online or by phoning 101, quoting Operation Asteroid.
• Waitrose in Lewes was closed last night after reports of a “stabbing”. See a report in The Argus: Reports of ‘stabbing’ in Waitrose in Lewes.