Two part-time dementia support workers are needed to facilitate Memory Moments Dementia Cafes, one for the Uckfield, Ticehurst and Crowborough area, and another for the Buxted, Newick and Ringmer area.
There are currently five cafes in High Weald Lewes and Havens with two more opening later in the year.
They offer stimulation through social interaction, activities and entertainent and are run by the dementia support workers who report to an area co-ordinator.
This is a fixed term contract of 15 hours per week for 12 months at a salary of £7,800 PA plus travel expenses and pro rata holidays based on 20 days plus statutory holidays where applicable.
Know Dementia is looking for people with the following skills:
- Experience of working/caring for people with a dementia and/or other vulnerable adults
- Ability to design and facilitate stimulating activities
- Full driving licence and serviceable vehicle plus use of a computer
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
- Able to work in a confidential environment
If you are interested in applying please send a CV and covering lett, marked confidential showing how your relevant values and behaviours could benefit Know Dementia clients, to:
Trustee, Know Dementia
Unit 6 & 7 Henfield Business Park,
Shoreham Road, Henfield
The closing date for applications is Monday, September 4, 2017, and the interview date will be Wednesday, September 13.
• This job is also advertised on UckfieldJobs.com another website in the Uckfield News Network.
Find local businesses in our Uckfield Directory