Fast-growing Uckfield-based Lewis Business Media is looking for a production editor.
The company, which has offices in River Way, produces four monthly magazines, three annual publications, six websites, eight online newsletters and a number of events.
The person taking on the new role would report to the group managing director and liaise with the art desk, printers, adsales, and website providers.
For print the production editor would:
- Be responsible for and manage all editorial copy flow across the company’s print products
- Act as sub-editor for the company’s print products
- Commission, sub-edit and manage external copy sources across the titles as agreed with each editor
- Manage all titles to print
- Be responsible for scheduling of all work from author through art desk and subbing to print. This includes a significant amount of promotional work.
- Ensure all products go to press on time and in good shape.
- Manage each title and the overall company’s relationships with external suppliers, notably out-sourced ad production and the various printers.
The online part of the job would include:
- Managing all online content and ensuring it meets the title’s requirements as directed
- Repurposing print content as required and generating online content as required
- Being reponsible for uploading advertising content onto the various websites.
Lewis Business Media is a family business launched in April 2012 which has grown at more than 50% a year since then. This is set to continue in 2016/7.
The company describes itself as: “still a small company but with big company ideas and expertise. LBM has the ambition to grow into a significant player over the next five years”.
It currently has 12 permanent employees while utilising a large pool of freelancers.