Our independent columnist, Observer, looks forward to tomorrow morning and seeing what Santa has delivered
Here are my hopes for presents under the Christmas tree, marked: For Uckfield [in no particular order].
1. A new train set for the Uckfield Line with a new Fat Controller in charge. If my train set is in the green and white livery of Southern, there will be tears before bedtime.
2. A parking warden to sort out those who persist on flouting the rules in the High Street and beyond.
3. A pigeon catcher so we stop tramping through mess on the High Street pavements.
4. A dog warden to tame the (small) minority who let their dogs foul the pavements, parks and open spaces.
5. A real police presence in Uckfield.
6. A decision one way or the other on the plans for a major expansion of shopping space in the town centre. Next year has to be make your mind up time.
7. Real action to tackle the hidden poverty and deprivation in what we think is well-heeled Uckfield. Councils should target spending and grants on righting these wrongs and on the population’s general health and well-being.
8. A real effort to provide affordable housing before our young people are finally priced out.
A happy Christmas to you all and have a great new year.