- Reviewing county council funding for services delivered by the Stroke Association
- Reducing the council’s contribution to carer services
- Reviewing Milton Grange and Firwood House intermediate care services in Eastbourne
The council’s lead member for adult social care and health, Cllr Carl Maynard, says in a press release: “We cannot continue to provide all the services we have provided historically. And our statutory duty to deliver certain services means we are extremely limited in the areas where we can make savings.”
He said no decision has been made on the proposals and he encouraged as many people as possible to take part in the consultation.
The press release says the feedback will help the council understand the impact the proposals could have, and shape the final plans for consideration and approval from cabinet.
There’s more information about the consultation and how you can take part on the county council website.
The consultation closes on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
The council has already approved a budget of £371 million, which includes cuts of £17 million in 2018/19.
Since then the Government has announced an additional £150 million for adult social care to be shared between local authorities across the country.
A council spokesman said at the time:
“We welcome the announcement by the Government that an extra £150 million is being made available for local authorities across the country for adult social care.
“The council has had to make savings of more than £110 million since the start of the decade and a further £17 million of savings for 2018-19, meaning we’re increasingly having to focus our limited resources on the services we have a statutory duty to provide.
“In this context, any additional funding is welcome, and once we know how much our share of the £150 million will be, a decision will be made on how this money will be used.”